RE: Unusual resumes

Subject: RE: Unusual resumes
From: Annamaria Profit <inteltek2 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 15:19:08 -0400

Talk about bushwacking -- I just interviewed for a position where the company recruiter sent me an e-mail asking me to interview for a Business Analyst/writer position, along with the relevant ad. But when I interviewed, the second of three managers asked what made me think I had the qualifications to be a multimillion $$$ government IT security contract administrator! Everything I sent to them and brought to the interview was focused on tech writing! The third interviewer was the project director for the contract!

When I asked him why he chose to interview me, given my absolute lack of contract administration experience, he said "the last two didn't have any experience either." The operative words there, obviously, were "last two". And no, I still haven't heard from them! ; )

At 10:46 AM 9/24/01 -0500, bryan -dot- westbrook -at- amd -dot- com wrote:

A friend of mine got bushwhacked at an interview last year when he learned
from one of the interviewers that the headhunter had changed his being
enrolled in college classes into a degree.