Re: What Is An "Unusual Resume?"

Subject: Re: What Is An "Unusual Resume?"
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 17:05:29 -0700

Steve Hudson wrote:

> An unusual resume is one that misses out vital information, such as work
> history, skills, certification etc. One could then extend this to a resume
> that is not presented as an orderly table of facts. I have seen several
> first attempts that were short stories or mini-autobiographies.

Don't forget the ones that are meant to show off the subject's graphic skills. I
once saw one that showed a cartoon head with spiky hair, with all the lines of
the drawing composed of resume information - a sort of ASCII artwork gone mad.
It was mildy amusing, but didn't really give any information about the subject's
experience or skills.

I've got to give credit, though - the sender did reduce his resume to a single
page.

Actually, I ended up feeling a little sorry for the sender. Somehow, the resume
circulated around the office, and was brought out for a cheap laugh for several
months afterwards.

"Work and work, you won't get cold
Sleep in your boots. don't get old
Stand on your own feet, ready or not
It's friendly fire...but you still get shot."
-OysterBand, "On the Edge