Re: How to learn to flowchart?

Subject: Re: How to learn to flowchart?
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 15:47:01 -0400

David Castro wrote:

> I was working this week on a flowchart in VISIO Professional, and I saw all of
> these really cool shapes for things like "stored data" and "direct processes"
> and stuff. But all I tend to use are rectangles, diamonds, and arrows. It gets
> the point across, usually (I guess), but I'd sure like to learn how to use all
> of those cool shapes.
>
> I went to Amazon and entered "flowchart" into the search field. Nothing turns
> up. There appears to be no third-party VISIO books, no books on flowcharting
> (tool independent). Nothing.
>
> So, how does one learn how to create flowcharts?

Each of the shapes is a generally accepted recognition of the function
it represents. I could call you Sam, but few would know who I ws
referring to. It's simply a matter of looking at the Visio documentation
and using the appropriate shape for the function you wish to depict.
OTOH, not many know the difference, or care. It's worse than obsessing
over gerrunds.

--
Peter
Mailto:peternew -at- optonline -dot- net

Adapting old programs to fit new machines
usually means adapting new machines to
behave like old ones.

online registration, and more on http://ieeepcs.org/2001/