Re: Don't you love farce?

Subject: Re: Don't you love farce?
From: Jo Baer <jbaer -at- mailbox1 -dot- tcfbank -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 16:56:58 -0500

Speaking of which, puhLEEZE tell me that the two new words I learned on the bus
today (yes I know it's rude to read over someone's shoulder, but it's a habit you
pick up on public transit) will disappear soon. The new verb is "decisioning." And
who decisions? Why, a "decisioner," of course! Makes my teeth hurt...

Does "decisioning" improve on "deciding" in any meaningful way? Or is the author
just full of doe snot?

Jo Baer
Senior Technical Writer
TCF National Bank
Minneapolis, Minnesota
jbaer -at- mailbox1 -dot- tcfbank -dot- com

Weakness Through Strength

Fanatics may defend a point of view
so strongly as to prove it can't be true.

Piet Hein

Bruce Byfield wrote:

Dozens of words or new usages are coined every year, but, in order to survive, they
need to express a meaning that no other word covers, have a useful nuance, or
otherwise prove themselves useful. Most don't, and disappear fairly soon.

online registration, and more on

+++ More info: +++

RE: Re[2]: Don't you love farce?: From: Ellen Vanrenen
Re: Don't you love farce?: From: Bruce Byfield