RE: Hobbies on a résumé (WAS: RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question)

Subject: RE: Hobbies on a résumé (WAS: RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question)
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 10:31:29 -0400

A friend of mine has been interviewing lately, with several companies. They
list their hobbies on their resume. To date, nobody has even made mention of
the hobbies (my friend turned down a couple of job offers, so the hobbies
were not necessarily negative) and one of the hobbies is sorta uncommon to
the point that I'm surprised nobody asked about it.

When I was in a hire/fire position, I looked for hobbies and asked a few
easy questions about them, to see how human the candidate was. Of course,
had the hobbies not been there, I would not have really missed them much . .
..

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

online registration, and more on http://ieeepcs.org/2001/