RE: Fuzzy images

Subject: RE: Fuzzy images
From: "Dan Hall" <dhall -at- san-carlos -dot- rms -dot- slb -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 07:57:17 -0500

Jessica,

I wasn't offended! I hope my jest (the scanning my monitor
to make pdf's, etc.) didn't offend you.

I was attempting to poke fun at all the hoops we sometimes have to
jump through to get our tools to do what we want, and the way folks
on the list seem to assume it's "normal" to have to work that hard
to get good results.

I was also (of course) tweaking the idea that anything we get from
our humble attempts at DP is likely to be of stellar quality.
Screen output will _never_ match the resolution of print, until
they create a monitor that displays hundreds of millions of pixels,
is completely non-reflective, and has a 100% non-luminous black.
For now, acceptable is all we can hope for.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know my joke was... unaimed. Perhaps
not the best practice for jokes - or arrows? :)

Don't stop posting questions/complaints. I too appreciate the sense
of camaraderie I get from hearing other's problems on the list,
and the information offered by those with solutions to suggest.

And I'm also not satisfied with the screen quality of pdf's. :)

Cheers,

Dan Hall