Vocabulary: Parts of a User Interface

Subject: Vocabulary: Parts of a User Interface
From: Elizabeth Hostetter <ElizabethH -at- trustmarque -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 11:14:50 -0400


I am in the process of editing two manuals written for a web-based
application. The author used the word screen to mean both the physical
screen and the browser window/page.

Now screen is best used to describe the screen on the monitor, but how
should one refer to the page in the browser window? After all, it's an
application and not a web site, in the traditional sense.

I thank you in advance. Please reply off-list.



Planning to attend IPCC 01, October 24-27 in Santa Fe? Sign up by
October 3 and get a substantial discount! Program information,
online registration, and more on http://ieeepcs.org/2001/

+++ Miramo -- Database/XML publishing automation. See us at +++
+++ Seybold SFO, Sept. 25-27, in the Adobe Partners Pavilion +++
+++ More info: http://www.axialinfo.com http://www.miramo.com +++

You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.

Previous by Author: RE: collecting unemployment
Next by Author: Technical Communication and Patent Law
Previous by Thread: Re: TECHWR-L Poll -- Follow-up to the follow-up
Next by Thread: identify the online help type

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads