RE: Tree view terminology

Subject: RE: Tree view terminology
From: Tara English-Sweeney <tesweeney -at- novadigm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 11:27:32 -0400

Hi Melanie. In case you are interested - the Microsoft Manual of Style says
the following about the word "pane"

Use only to refer to the separate areas of a split or single window.
For exmaple, in Windows Explorer, the names of all the folders can
appear in one pane and the contents of a selected folder in the other pane.
Use lowercase for ane names, as in "the annotation pane".

I did a quick look for other suggestions, but couldn't find any listings for
tree view or list view....


-----Original Message-----
From: Sexton, Melanie [mailto:Melanie -dot- Sexton -at- Marconi -dot- com]
So far so good, but is there any
standard for what we call the right side?


Planning to attend IPCC 01, October 24-27 in Santa Fe? Sign up by
October 3 and get a substantial discount! Program information,
online registration, and more on

Your monthly sponsorship message here reaches more than
5000 technical writers, providing 2,500,000+ monthly impressions.
Contact Eric (ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com) for details and availability.

You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Previous by Author: RE: Fuzzy images
Next by Author: Office 2000 XP?
Previous by Thread: Re: Tree view terminology
Next by Thread: RE: Tree view terminology

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads