RE: standard for touch-screen/LCD terminology

Subject: RE: standard for touch-screen/LCD terminology
From: "Beilby, Margaret" <MBeilby -at- ebuilt -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 10:25:34 -0700


<<Does anyone out there know where I can locate a standard for touch-screen
terminology? I need to know things like whether to call the interface
points on the screen "keys," "soft keys," or "buttons," and whether the
interaction is "press," "touch," or "select," etc. Any website or book
suggestions would be appreciated.>>

Try this URL




Planning to attend IPCC 01, October 24-27 in Santa Fe? Sign up by
October 3 and get a substantial discount! Program information,
online registration, and more on

Your monthly sponsorship message here reaches more than
5000 technical writers, providing 2,500,000+ monthly impressions.
Contact Eric (ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com) for details and availability.

You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Previous by Author: Datasource or Data Source?
Next by Author: RE: Theory? (of Web design)
Previous by Thread: standard for touch-screen/LCD terminology
Next by Thread: RE: standard for touch-screen/LCD terminology

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads