RE: Printing multiple HTML pages at once?

Subject: RE: Printing multiple HTML pages at once?
From: "Tracy Strike" <tstrike -at- mitra -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 09:31:11 -0400

Hello,

we had a similar request for our online help. We found the following
worked as long as all documents are linked in the Contents page:
1. Highlight all links using your mouse
2. Right-click.
3. Select Print.
4. Switch to the Options tab.
5. Select "Print all linked documents".
6. Click on Print.

Hope this helps

Tracy

Previously:

Hello,

We have a Getting Started document for one of our products that has been
written as HTML.
Basically, I have a banner frame across the top and a contents pane on
the
left side that remain static.
The main frame has about 25 HTML pages and you can go through them
sequentially using Next and Previous "buttons" or jump around to
specific
pages using the Contents pane. Most of the pages are pretty short.

One reviewer of the most recent version complained that the document
could
only be printed one page at a time. To my understanding, the only way to
print all of the information at once is to put everything in one long
HTML
file so there is only one page to print and have the Contents pane link
bookmarks instead of pages, or to keep the original the way it is now
and
have a 2nd version with all of the information in one long HTML file (or
PDF) that the reader can link to and print.

The first option just wouldn't look as good as it does now, and the
second
option increases the amount of work to maintain the document since all
changes will need to be done twice. Can anyone offer another option that
I'm
overlooking. Is there a way to print several HTML files with one click?

Thanks

Andrea Kelso
akelso -at- accelio -dot- com

online registration, and more on http://ieeepcs.org/2001/