Re: Display or appear (Was: Can "either" be used if there are three or more selections?)

Subject: Re: Display or appear (Was: Can "either" be used if there are three or more selections?)
From: Laura_Hammett -at- scruggs -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 17:13:41 -0500

Actually, the "Product" dialog itself displays.

Laura K Hammett
Technical Writer/Consultant
(940) 262.7019 (voice)
(940) 262.7419 (fax)
(940) 465.2167 (mobile)

This communication is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
or the entity to which it is addressed. It may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If you are neither the intended recipient, nor the employee, nor the agent
responsible for delivering the communication to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of
communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or email,
delete the communication from any computer or other electronic storage
media, and destroy all other copies in your possession.

Jo Francis
Byrd To: Laura_Hammett -at- scruggs -dot- com
<jbyrd -at- byrdwri cc: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
tes.com> Subject: Re: Display or appear (Was: Can "either" be used if there are three or more
selections?)
10/04/01 05:04
PM

After you click New, the Product dialog displays.

Displays WHAT?

Fairies dancing, waving their wands? Witches intoning, "Bubble, bubble,
toil and trouble..."? Something related to the software application?

I vote for appears. Not nearly as spooky in my book.

Jo Byrd

online registration, and more on http://ieeepcs.org/2001/