RE: Borders beneath Headings in Frame

Subject: RE: Borders beneath Headings in Frame
From: Chris <cud -at- telecable -dot- es>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 10:48:02 +0200

Actually assigning a table to automatically insert when you apply a paragraph format is not something you can do in FrameMaker. You can get shareware or freeware that accomplishes this, or something like it. I know there is a shareware plugin that will paste just about anything you want into your document. I forget the name, and I forget who makes it.

I have a freeware plugin that associates a graphic (an anchored frame, actually) with a paragraph format - whenever you choose the command, it changes your current paragraph to the specified format, then plunks the anchored frame's *anchor* at the first character location in the paragraph. You could set up your numbering in the paragraph format, and use my tool to convert any paragraph to this construct.

You can find my tools on:
http://www.telecable.es/personales/cud/

Look in FREE DOWNLOADS for RefIcons - and be sure to download the docs, too. Windows only, sorry.

Finally, you may wont to consider going over to the FrameUsers list. Find out more at:
http://www.frameusers.com/

Cheers cud

In his Word document, he has created Auto Text he calls "dialog box
capture." He is much stronger than I in Word. Anyway, this Auto Text is a
defined table that you can insert into your document. The table has a screen
shot in it that you can replace with whatever one you need.

What might follow from the email you sent me on the Frame borders is that I
can create a style in Frame in the paragraph designer and set the parameters
of where I want that style to begin (left indent, and so forth). Could I
then create a table resembling the one my colleague created in Word and use
the advanced tab to have it display when I select the style I have named it,
such as "Dialog Box Capture?"

The one my colleague created in Word includes Table numbering.

October 3 and get a substantial discount! Program information, online registration, and more on http://ieeepcs.org/2001/