RE: Display or appear

Subject: RE: Display or appear
From: "Nora Merhar" <nmerhar -at- charlesindustries -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 10:09:43 -0500

I deleted a lot of this, so don't know if this solution has been proposed
already, but I always use step/action tables, so I cast it as follows:

Step Action System Response
1. Select Open > Quiddlebox Opens the Quiddlebox dialog box

So essentially the sentence is "The system opens the Quiddlebox dialog box"
with the first part of the sentence assumed.

Nora Merhar
Senior Technical Writer, Charles Industries, Ltd.
nmerhar -at- charlesindustries -dot- com

online registration, and more on

RE: Display or appear -- the smarmy alternatives: From: Jason Willebeek-LeMair