Re: Tech-writing in SDLC - books?

Subject: Re: Tech-writing in SDLC - books?
From: Tom Moye <tommoye -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 10:06:15 -0400

On Tue, 9 Oct 2001 08:46:38 -0400
"Neil, John" <NEILJ -at- Firstline -dot- com> wrote:

> Can anybody recommend any books that would help me in this situation?

Here's an excellent real world guide that I never fail to recommend to
anyone who asks about SDLC.
Software Project Survival Guide, Steve McConnell
Excellent book, if your company is working on or has ISO-9000 (approx
= CMM Level 2) certification, you can tell the higher ups that McConnell's methods
map to CMM Level 2 . Also check out his web site.

Good luck,
Tom Moye <tommoye -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Strafford, Vermont

Do You Yahoo!?

Get your free address at

Announcing new options for IPCC 01, October 24-27 in Santa Fe.
Attend the entire event, select a single day, or sign up for
a Saturday postconference workshop.

Tech-writing in SDLC - books?: From: Neil, John