Re: Polite responses only, please

Subject: Re: Polite responses only, please
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 12:24:22 -0700 (PDT)

> I don't know how long you have been a member of this list, but yes,
> there
> has been instances where people have been inconsiderate when it was
> unnecessary.
> I, myself, notice a difference between a typical New Yorker, and
> being down-right rude.

As someone who is known to be rude at times (I hope I balance it with
assistance), it isn't meant as rude for the sake of rude. What
happens is that halfway through a post that doesn't get to the point
within the first line or two, we're thinking "alright, already...when
ya gonna get to it already?...screw it...I'm jumping in."

Sugar coating is for someone to who you are related or you owe money.

A bunch of years ago, I brought a girlfriend home to my house to meet
the family and have dinner. At the end of dinner, as we're driving
home, she goes "Why are you people always arguing? Can't you have a
normal discussion?"

For the life of me, I couldn't think of one instance where we were
arguing...I thought we'd been unusualy pleasant because we had
company. We were just being ourselves.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer

http://personals.yahoo.com

Announcing new options for IPCC 01, October 24-27 in Santa Fe.
Attend the entire event, select a single day, or sign up for
a Saturday postconference workshop. http://ieeepcs.org/2001