RE: How Long Before Common Usage Becomes the Rule?

Subject: RE: How Long Before Common Usage Becomes the Rule?
From: Ellen Vanrenen <ellen -dot- vanrenen -at- clear-technology -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 14:46:29 -0600

Mark wrote:
I doubt it. Churchill would have known that "to" is not a
preposition in that sentence.

Well, I know we are not supposed to discuss usage, but doesn't the clause end a sentence with a preposition. I would say that is a
prepositional phrase.

Only my opinion.

Announcing new options for IPCC 01, October 24-27 in Santa Fe.
Attend the entire event, select a single day, or sign up for
a Saturday postconference workshop.