Word 2002 and Windows ME Problem with Tables

Subject: Word 2002 and Windows ME Problem with Tables
From: "PatHuska" <pathuska -at- bellsouth -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 10:32:49 -0400

Has anyone had any problem using Word 2002 and Windows ME? I have been
using it for a couple months and intermittently and without warning, I can
open a doc file and I get a message that word encountered a corrupt table.
Sometimes it is only one or two of the tables in the document, but
yesterday, it was all the tables in a 60 page document. It says it repairs
them but it does not. I have to go in manually and redo all the tables!

I have submitted this to Microsoft and have not heard anything (was I really
expecting to??!!). Anyway, I just wanted to see if anyone else has
encountered this and if there is any known fix or work around.

Pat Huska
Atlanta, GA