Re: Programs for Writing

Subject: Re: Programs for Writing
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 13:50:08 -0500

Man this is a long week! Friday afternoon silliness, and it's only Tuesday!

Jo Byrd

(who's trying not to laugh TOO hard....the dogs start looking at me funny)

Gilger.John wrote:

When are you troglodytes going to get with the program? _Everyone_ knows that finely trimmed goose quill produces the most elegant output!

From: Dan Hall [mailto:dhall -at- san-carlos -dot- rms -dot- slb -dot- com]

I can't believe you're using Chisel2000 for long documents! It's notoriously unstable when working with slabs of over 50 lbs. It also has difficulty handling large images. I always use Binford JackHammerMaker. It supports large slabs, and has built in tools for creating pdf (Pebble Document Files)

It's what real professionals use.

New Mexico: attend the entire event or select a single day. For details and online registration, visit

RE: Programs for Writing: From: Gilger.John