Line breaks in pdf?

Subject: Line breaks in pdf?
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 08:44:18 -0400

Mira Balani <<... imported a web page into the acrobat reader (5.0) through
the File | Open Web Page menu option.
What I wanna do is to move some text into the next page.. w/c means I have
to give line breaks or maybe some other method w/c I am not aware of.. How
do I achieve this?>>

Acrobat really isn't designed to handle the task you're setting it; its
editing tools are primarily for changing "which" to "witch" and suchlike
trivial edits. The easiest way to capture a formatted page is to save the
Web page to your hard disk. In Internet Explorer (and presumably Netscape),
open the File menu and select "Save as"; choose "complete Web page". Once
it's on your hard disk, you can insert as many blank lines as you want (by
editor. Similarly (but with more power), you can open the html file in Word
or any other word processor, format it there (including page breaks), then
save it as html and import it into Acrobat.

geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca
"User's advocate" online monthly at

Tarzan's rule of data processing: Never let go of
one vine until you have a solid hold of the next.--Anon.