Subject: Re: GUI
From: "Cameron Consulting" <Cameron-Consulting -at- neb -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 11:09:27 -0500

With my books I use the technical jargon and terms...for an example - I may
use the term launch or taskbar or whatever...but I always explain the term I
am using. Most all my books come with a glossary in the back of the book as
> >
> >
<< I consulted a senior writer here about what to call a GUI feature.
> > Because it had no title and wasn't a section, I referred to it as a

Announcing new options for IPCC 01, October 24-27 in Santa Fe,
New Mexico: attend the entire event or select a single day.
For details and online registration, visit

Your monthly sponsorship message here reaches more than
5000 technical writers, providing 2,500,000+ monthly impressions.
Contact Eric (ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com) for details and availability.

You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Previous by Author: Re: [techwriter] Web Tools Used?
Next by Author: Jargon Use
Previous by Thread: Need help with Word (update table of figures)
Next by Thread: Document Management on a Shoestring: Access or HTML or ?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads