RE: Documentalist?

Subject: RE: Documentalist?
From: jarnopol <jarnopol -at- interaccess -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 01 14:27:24 -0500

Meg Halter wonders.....>Ummm, what is a documentalist? Never heard the term
before.

oh years and years ago, before the dotcom explosion and implosion, i worked
for a manager that insisted all the technical writers were "DOCUMENTALISTS".
It drove me crazy. I mean, i know i'm SUPPOSED to be able to read minds and
move great amounts of text with a single mouse click, but do we have to refer
to my super powers in public??

Seriously, this VP really did refer to all of us as "documentalists" and i
don't think any of us really knew what he meant. Maybe he was light years
beyond us? Then again, maybe not. He was, and still is, the only person i've
ever known who regularly uses "gestalt" in day-to-day conversations.

So if anyone REALLY knows what a DOCUMENTALIST is, please let me know too.

jan
jarnopol -at- interaccess -dot- com