Re: Word 2000, Acrobat 4.0, and page breaks

Subject: Re: Word 2000, Acrobat 4.0, and page breaks
From: Win Day <winday -at- home -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 17:18:32 -0400

At 12:43 PM 18/10/2001 -0700, Lorraine Kiewiet wrote:

Hi,
I've searched the archives and did not find any discussion of this.

When I put the Word 2000 document into Print Preview, I can see that I have
no widows or orphans, section headings are where they belong, etc.

When I make a PDF file, Acrobat's output is not in synch with what Word
showed me in Print Preview.

I don't see any settings in Acrobat having to do with page layout. What's
the best way to manage this problem?

Thanks,
--Lorraine

I'm not a power PDF user, but I do know that Word is extremely sensitive to the printer driver.

When you go into Print Preview, what printer is selected? Is it your default printer, or the printer you use to generate the PDF files? Check to see if it's your default printer, either the local one attached to your box or the one around the corner and down the hall that your department uses.

If it is, switch to the printer you'll use to generate the PDF file. NOW look at Print Preview. Have things changed?

Printer drivers spit out the same fonts differently. They also have different minimum margins, which may or may not be causing the problem (I try to stay far enough away from minimum margins so that this won't happen.)

You'll even find a difference from PC to PC when printing to the same printer but using a different driver.

Win

Win Day
Multimedia Developer

http://www.creativeimplementations.com
mailto:winday -at- creativeimplementations -dot- com

New Mexico: attend the entire event or select a single day. For details and online registration, visit http://ieeepcs.org/2001