RE: Jargon Use

Subject: RE: Jargon Use
From: Kim Roper <kim -dot- roper -at- vitana -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:34:42 -0400

Rob Domaschuk said (eh?):

> Actually, as a Canadian living in the USA, I have come to
> learn that "a
> boot" is the way we Canadians sound when we pronounce
> "about". For example
> (BTW, this is a phonetic example), when we say "the movie is
> about 2 hours
> long", it *sounds* like we are saying "the movie is 'a boot'
> 2 hours long."
>
> Therefore, using the phrase in a manual certainly requires knowing the
> context.

Do Canadians really talk like that down there? Amazing, since we don't talk
like that at home :> [Okay, at least not in Ottawa.]

There isn't an "I" in team, but as far as I know, there is a "u" in colour.

Cheers ... Kim
mailto:kim -dot- roper -at- vitana -dot- com

Serving the documentally challenged. Would you like fries with that?