Microsoft Publisher 2000/PDF problems

Subject: Microsoft Publisher 2000/PDF problems
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:27:16 -0400

Good morning,

I recently created a monthly Research Department newsletter with Microsoft
Publisher 2000 for both hard copy and as a PDF for our Intranet web site.
The printed copies saved as a Publisher file looked perfectly fine. I even
used all
options in the "design checker" before finalizing the .pub saved file. The
was the PDF. Once I created the PDF and previewed it, I found lines and text
all over the place! The printouts looked absolutely dreadful. It took an
amount of time to "hand" fix the six pages and I don't look forward to doing
this every
month. The Web Team informed me this is a continuing problem with Publisher
and they had no thoughts as to what to do. They wished me lots of luck.

Any suggestions for the future?

For details and online registration, visit