Re: Lawyers want to gut our tools

Subject: Re: Lawyers want to gut our tools
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 08:34:01 -0400

Earl Cooley wrote:
> Not relevant. My needs are more important than any software patent ever
> devised. The blinking cursor is patented: does anyone pay royalties for
> that? It is my selfish desire that Adobe Photoshop not be destroyed by
> anyone. These two companies have been bludgeoning each other with
> patent disputes of questionable merit for a long time, to very little
> effect except to wastefully expend billable hours for lawyers. All of
> that money would have been better used to improve product quality.

If not for patent protection, you might not have technological needs.
Live in the real world and spend your time learning.

Mailto:peternew -at- optonline -dot- net

Adapting old programs to fit new machines
usually means adapting new machines to
behave like old ones.

For details and online registration, visit

RE: Lawyers want to gut our tools: From: Earl Cooley