Re: Lawyers want to gut our tools

Subject: Re: Lawyers want to gut our tools
From: Rick Bradshaw <rbradsh2 -at- san -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 10:19:38 -0700

Perhaps I should have resisted sending this a little longer but I thought someone would pipe up with the obvious question. Adobe Photoshop has been around for quite a number of years. Certainly long before 1998 which is when the article in the URL says Macromedia patented it. Either the article contains a typo or there is something else that is _not_ being said here. I rather doubt that Adobe would have _not_ patiented their products. GoLive was purchased by Adobe about 2-3 years ago. I don't think they would have purchased it if the paperwork wasn't in order. I think they are a _little_ more on top of things than that. What is missing here; and I don't think it is a patient as the article reads?

"Macromedia Claims It Owns Adobe Patent"

New Mexico: attend the entire event or select a single day. For details and online registration, visit

Lawyers want to gut our tools: From: Earl Cooley