RE: Lawyers want to gut our tools

Subject: RE: Lawyers want to gut our tools
From: bryan -dot- westbrook -at- amd -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 08:59:21 -0500

I, too, was going to stay out of this, but whoever wrote this article was pretty sloppy in his/her research (and since technical journalism is a form of technical writing, my comments should be on topic).

Note the passage that says that Photoshop is "used for creating and editing Web sites and other uses." Could this suit, perhaps, actually be about ImageReady, which is bundled with PS 6?

The somewhat parallel structure of the 3rd paragraph, while not really saying anything technically incorrect, leaves the impression that Photoshop is a DTP program.

Furthermore, the author never makes any attempt to explain the relevance of telling us how much the programs cost so that bit of information comes across as nothing but an attempt to prejudice the audience against rich corporations.