Re: Loss of Formatting - technical question

Subject: Re: Loss of Formatting - technical question
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 10:25:57 -0400

Maria,

Luck has nothing to do with it. HTML text boxes do not support formatting of any kind.

Next time, compose your text in Notepad or another simple text editor. You can use the Enter key to define line endings and paragraph breaks. You can use spaces (ONLY spaces, not tabs) to define line indents. You can use an asterisk or a lowercase "o" or some other convenient ascii character to represent bullets. If you want to indicate emphasis, you can use *asterisks* or _underscores_ or ALL CAPS (the last are good for titles and headings). Do not use <angle brackets>, "quotation marks," or ampersands (&), as some (not all) Web pages will generate an error on the server if you do.

HTH,

Dick