HELP! FrameMaker-PDF printing problem

Subject: HELP! FrameMaker-PDF printing problem
From: "Jane S" <judydh -at- total -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 13:33:29 -0400

Help question, so FYI, I'm using FM6 on Win2K. Love those acronyms.

When I create a PDF from FM using the Save As feature, I get pretty much
what I want and expect though I'm still fiddling with it. But, when I create
a PDF using Print to File and
then distilling it with Acrobat, it

1) shrinks my page
2) fits my page into an old FM chapter template, complete with the
boilerplate "Great Events of the Twentieth Century" footer.

Why is it doing this? How can I correct it?

On another note, can someone please give me some information on the
properties of the following drivers, how to edit and _set_ (so I don't have
to do this repeatedly!) my PDF printer preferences, and delete those
printers and _drivers_ (out of the Advanced tab of the Printer properties)
that just get in the way. I use a dummy HP Color LaserJet 5/5M PostScript
printer as the Print to File printer and for Distiller (as using the Acrobat
PDFMaker driver, AdobePS Acrobat Distiller driver, and AdobePS generic PS
driver all seemed to eliminate all possibility of colour).

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Jane S.

No man is a Three-Mile Island.