RE: Layoff logistics and etiquette

Subject: RE: Layoff logistics and etiquette
From: "Hannah Bissell" <to -dot- hannah -at- usa -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 08:54:30 -0400

> And even in those cases when they say you have to give them 2 weeks
> notice, IMO and IANAL, I think they're just asking you for the courtesy
> of the notice, and not that you're _required by law_ to give it.

As I understood it......if you don't give notice they can technically not
payout on vacation you haven't used. One company I worked for did that to
one of the employees when he left without notice. When I left though, I got
all my unpaid vacation even though I didn't give a full two weeks notice.

hannah bissell
to -dot- hannah -at- usa -dot- net

For details and online registration, visit

RE: Layoff logistics and etiquette: From: Roy Jacobsen