RE: Reviewer of Doom (was: RE: Secretary Proofing Manuals?)

Subject: RE: Reviewer of Doom (was: RE: Secretary Proofing Manuals?)
From: Elizabeth Hostetter <ElizabethH -at- trustmarque -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 08:33:21 -0400

I had to laugh at Abby's Reviewer of Doom checklist. Another item to add
would be: 6. When someone who speaks English as their second language makes
corrections to your writing, that are *not* proper English, yet they insist
it's correct.

On a more positive note: I had a proofreading contract over the summer, and
the last line of defense was the publishing manager's junior assistant. He
had an assistant manager, who took care of the document database and
assigned us work, but the junior assistant was a college student. She was
great! We even became friends, and I never had a problem with her reviewing
my work. Her task was to essentially give the documents a once-over before
putting them in the mail.

E.