"They don't need no stinkin' documentation..."

Subject: "They don't need no stinkin' documentation..."
From: "Melissa Lowery" <mlowery -at- tridium -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 16:24:28 -0500

or "Why we don't let developers do the documentation..."

Here's an excerpt from Monday's Shark Tank:

IT MANAGER pilot fish finds lots of information missing from the new
documentation for a key project. Where is it? he asks. Developer
responds: "I've found that most people in our field are overwhelmed
by too much documentation. I found that, by removing the parts that
everyone already knows, I could make a more artistic presentation."
Can't get enough Tank?
Check out other bite-sized bits of humor, rumors, gossip and fun at The

So this little tidbit shows that the non-techie technical writers who
are trying to avoid actual writing (a common A. Plato strawman) might
not be the only ones concerned about the "artistic beauty" of their