Re: Thin Space?

Subject: Re: Thin Space?
From: "Stuart Rogers" <srogers -at- phoenix-geophysics -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 10:37:04 -0500


>From the Frame help file:

"A thin space is one-twelfth the width of an em space. A thin space is
often used when a very small space is needed to separate two
characters?for example, between a number and the unit of measure that
follows it, or between characters that appear too close together?for
example, /)."

I use Frame's thin spaces to separate numbers from units of measure, as
in "12V" battery.

Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator
Phoenix Geophysics Limited

mailto:srogers -at- phoenix-geophysics -dot- com

Developers explain How the Product Works.
Technical Writers explain How to Work the Product.

Announcing new options for IPCC 01, October 24-27 in Santa Fe,
New Mexico: attend the entire event or select a single day.
For details and online registration, visit

Your monthly sponsorship message here reaches more than
5000 technical writers, providing 2,500,000+ monthly impressions.
Contact Eric (ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com) for details and availability.

You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Previous by Author: RE: documentation evaluation
Next by Author: Re: Technical Writing Union
Previous by Thread: Re: Thin Space?
Next by Thread: Re: Thin Space?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads