RE: Deleting Built-in Word styles

Subject: RE: Deleting Built-in Word styles
From: "Steve Hudson" <steve -at- wright -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 10:31:09 +1100

Its a bit tricky - but that's what I live for right :-)

You cannot delete em, you can bury em.

Base a new template on normal. Modify ONLY your good styles. (I HIGHLY
recommend recording this as a macro for use whenever you want). Do NOT touch
the unwanted styles. Save and lock. Your "in use" display will now only show
your good styles.

In macro terms, never modify any style that is .builtin=true and NOT in your
list of controlled styles.

Steve Hudson
Principal Technical Writer
HDK List MVP
Wright Technologies (Aus)
steve -at- wright -dot- com -dot- au
The best way to predict the future... is to create it!