RE: Strange Interview Practices?

Subject: RE: Strange Interview Practices?
From: david -dot- locke -at- amd -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 13:07:20 -0600

I think someone missed the point. They were not hiring a TW or even and ID. They were hiring a standup trainer. If you don't want to be a standup trainer or don't have the skills to be one, don't interview for the job.

The TW and ID skills were irrelevant. The interviewing process show this to be the case. That same company will be hiring a TW and possibly an ID shortly. And, when they do, they will not ask these candidates to present.

They think that their standup trainer can do all three jobs. I've never worked anywhere where that was the case. But, it will take them a few weeks to figure that out.

David

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,00 retailers. Join our almost
10,000 published authors today. http://www.iuniverse.com/publish/default.asp