The Problem is not MS, but OS(was Microsoft, Monopolies, and Rum)

Subject: The Problem is not MS, but OS(was Microsoft, Monopolies, and Rum)
From: Mdjwrites -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 15:56:44 EST

I have no problem with MS, or any mfg., "bundling." For me, the climactic point of the trial came when Gates, asked if it was true that MS had threatened mfgs. that if the mfgs. did not put MS on EVERY computer, they could not have it for ANY computer, he replied, "Yes, but we never followe through with it." In short, the Justice Dept. called his bluff. However, no mfg. seems to have done anything with this information.
What needs to happen now, for Microsoft to truly be challenged, is for computer mfgs. to load alternative operating systems, such as Linux, on PC's.

Michael D. Jeter

http://hometown.aol.com/mdjwrites/myhomepage/index.htm

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,00 retailers. Join our almost
10,000 published authors today. http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr