RE: Tech Writing Curriculum

Subject: RE: Tech Writing Curriculum
From: Diane Evans <DianeE -at- LOCKSTREAM -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 13:25:56 -0800

"By contrast, tech-writing has some basis in pure research, but this fact
is almost overwhelmed by practicality and the need to respond to the
market. Nor are most tech-writers familiar with the research. Even fewer
conduct independent research, or even feel obliged to keep up to date on
the latest studies."

It's not that tech writers do not have the desire to do these things, but we
don't have the time. No one pays me to conduct independent research.

I'm going to keep up to date on the latest studies, as soon as I have a
break at work ... :)
Diane Evans
Information Developer
Lockstream, Inc.
425-709-6840 x 230

Ask for the moon, and settle for its reflection in the pond in your back
yard.