RE: Tech Writing Curriculum

Subject: RE: Tech Writing Curriculum
From: Rebecca <rjstevenson -at- sprynet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 19:47:20 -0500

At 4:54 PM -0700 11/12/01, Glenn Maxey wrote:

The documents were screwed up from the start, because built-in tool
features were not used in the correct manner. Yes, eventually a
well-formatted documented could be printed out and distributed... one
time. Thereafter, just inserting text, removing text, or selecting a
different printer messed them up beyond recognition.

Send them to a Word class. Or have them RTFM. :-)

I'm not yet 30 and I've already forgotten how to use more software than I use in the course of a typical working day. I expect all of you can say the same. IMO, the details of specific tools are not something to which one should sacrifice much, if any, of the scant time available in a typical curriculum.

Rebecca Stevenson

Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for? http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr