Re: Ethics: Charge for mandatory lunch event

Subject: Re: Ethics: Charge for mandatory lunch event
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 11:52:23 -0800

Kelly Werner wrote:

Ken asked:
"As a freelancer, I charge by the hour. What is proper to do when your client takes the doc team out to celebrate a finished project "

When issues about celebration lunches arrive:

1. Go to the lunch.
2. Talk a little business.
3. Get a separate cheque.
4. Claim the lunch as a business expense on your income tax.

:-)

"Somewhere ahead when our wheels have stopped rolling
When our tires bite the gravel and travelling's through
Somewhere ahead there'll be clean sheets and linen
Somewhere ahead there's rest and there's you."
-James Keelaghan, "Somewhere Ahead"

Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for? http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr