RE: entering tech writer field

Subject: RE: entering tech writer field
From: "Secara, Maggie" <Maggie -dot- Secara -at- indymacbank -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 09:34:49 -0800

Kathryn, with the tech writing job market the way it is, you'll probably
have LOTS of time to ramp up your technical skills.

There are always writing jobs that don't require deep understanding of
technology, they just aren't in technological companies. Right now I'm
writing policies and procedures for a mortgage bank. This requires
absolutely no understanding of programming, or anything like it.

And no, no matter how it sometimes sounds around here "most" tech writers
don't necessarily have hard programming in their backgrounds. It's just a
case of the more "tech" you are, the more money you can make, and the more
places you can fit in. Assuming there are places, ofc rse.

Maggie Secara