FW: entering tech writer field

Subject: FW: entering tech writer field
From: bryan -dot- westbrook -at- amd -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 15:49:04 -0600

With all of the military activity lately, you might want to check with some defense contractors. Most of their projects are hardware related (vehicles, weapons, etc.). I haven't heard much from that sector on any of the mailing lists lately, but most of the writers I knew in that field are not very involved with the outside technical writing community (most of the writers I used to work with had never even heard of STC). The pay tends to be lower than in the high tech fields, but it can help you get some technical writing experience.