RE: help~

Subject: RE: help~
From: "Jane Carnall" <jane -dot- carnall -at- digitalbridges -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 11:03:13 -0000

>In some areas of the world, polygamy is legal. For an email going to
>a professional list, would you create an email address
>"Im_a_polygamist -at- xxx -dot- com" and not expect an adverse reaction?

Nope. But I probably wouldn't twitch if it was "polygame". And I actually
had to undelete the first e-mail sent by "canabis" before I realised what
you were objecting to.

>I want to know the e-mail address of krista van laan and catherine julian
>who wrote "the complete idiot's guide to technical writing".
>Pleeeeese help~

Can't help, but if you get the publisher's name you can e-mail the publisher
(or better yet, write, snail-mail) and ask for your letter to be forwarded
to them. Assuming that you don't want to sell them an illegal substance <g>
the publishers will do so, and the writers may or may not reply.

Jane Carnall
Technical Writer, Digital Bridges, Scotland
Unless stated otherwise, these opinions are mine, and mine alone. Apologies
for the long additional sig: it is added automatically and outwith my
control.

________________________________________________________________________E-mail is an informal method of communication and may be subject to data corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment for which Digital Bridges Ltd will accept no liability. Therefore, it will normally be inappropriate to rely on information contained on e-mail without obtaining written confirmation.

http://www.messagelabs.com/stats.asp