Re: Economy Picking Up?

Subject: Re: Economy Picking Up?
From: "Jonathan Soukup" <JSoukup -at- at-track -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 10:58:45 -0600

Stock market is up to 9,900, up from what, 8,800 a couple of months ago. We were in the process of buying a house in August when my wife lost her job. We were looking at an interest rate of 6.5% over 30 years. Well my wife has been back to work at a new job for a little more than a month now. She called this morning and now we're looking at a rate of 7%.

We're also coming out of a so-called war where it's assumed that we've won, but we've just inserted more ground troops and we've just reinforced Kuwait. So go figure. I didn't hear the numbers for retail sales for the day after Thanksgiving yet, if those are up, and Christmas sales in total are up, we could be on the upswing, but frankly I didn't figure it would do much till spring.

All I know, is my real estate buddy who told me the housing market for buyers would be better in January, is telling me to lock in my rate as soon as possible. All this, when I still knows tons of people without jobs, and just survived a second round of layoffs two weeks ago.

-Jonathan

>>> Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com> 11/21/01 02:53PM >>>
Way to go, Paula! Congrats!

Jo Byrd