Re: Hidden digital signature in a graphic

Subject: Re: Hidden digital signature in a graphic
From: Kat Nagel <katnagel -at- bluefrognet -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 16:57:10 -0500

Here are a couple of sites that list digital watermarking software and services.

http://www.webreference.com/multimedia/watermarks.html
http://cosimo.die.unifi.it/~piva/Watermarking/wm_sw.html

Also, do you have Photoshop? If so, you might investigate the details of Photoshop's own copyright protection feature:

In the file menu of Photoshop, there is a
little-used item called "file information."
Here you can embed copyright information
about your image, yourself, your Web site,
etc., and this information travels "embedded"
in the image. Photoshop has made it easy to
embed this information as you can create a
simple action and routinely load the same
information into each image. It also puts
a copyright symbol at the top of the image.

Hope this helps.
Kat Nagel

At 8:46 AM -0800 11/26/01, John Posada wrote:

Hi, guys...

I have about 300+ images, in jpg form, that I'm distributing via CD
to a list of people.

I don't want the copyright message to be visible with the naked eye,
but within the code, so to speak. Without pasting copyright
information across each one, I'd like to, in batch mode, place a
copyright message IN the image so that with the correct viewer, be
able to observe the signature if it exists.

Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for? http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr