RE: Ethics and Job-Hunting

Subject: RE: Ethics and Job-Hunting
From: Darren Barefoot <Darren -dot- Barefoot -at- capeclear -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 14:57:56 -0000

I wonder who documented Oppenheimer's research on the atom bomb? Were they
limiting or enabling the taking of innocent lives? I must assume that anyone
who, in a democratic society, documents a product advocates its use. Hence,
the military is the one area I would confidently avoid in a job search.

By the way, by stating that "guns and bombs and Global Positioning
Satelites" are defending my right to have this discussion, Mr. Murrell makes
a lot of assumptions about global politics, justifiable military action and
my rights. However, that is definitely off-topic. DB.