RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: "Domaschuk, Rob" <Robd -at- datalogics -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:23:26 -0600

<tongue-in-cheek mode>

I believe it is time to STOP writing cautions, warnings, and danger notes
and let natural selection take over again. If somebody feels it is
appropriate to stick a birthday candle (or any other candle) in an orifice,
hey - who am I to stop them? If you want to ride your skateboard down an
interstate highway, go for it - less algae in the gene pool. If I need to
tell you not to use the hair dryer in the shower, then I shouldn't tell you.
If you feel it is absolutely necessary to drive a car with a cup of hot,
scalding coffee nestled between your legs, good on ya - prevents you from
breeding.

Okay, some true stories from my own experience:

I go to McDonald's and order a hot apple pie. On the box? A warning that the
contents of my hot apple pie are...HOT! I went to a large home improvement
store the other day and bought some Christmas lights. The warning on the box
said (I am not kidding), that the lights were "for indoor or outdoor use
only". Glad they cleared that up. Since I have two dogs, I buy those lint
rollers that have the sticky tape to pick up the hair - one brand (from a
different country) had the warning that you shouldn't use it on your head. I
bought it just for the warning.

Yup - natural selection is looking might purty these days.

</tongue-in-cheek mode>

Rob Domaschuk | 312.853.8337 - t
Technical Writer | 630.430.4162 - m
Datalogics inc. | 719.623.7431 - f

"Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself."
- Erasmus