RE: Ethics and Job-Hunting

Subject: RE: Ethics and Job-Hunting
From: "Brian Baresch" <baresch -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 15:39:29 -0600

>I'm wondering how many of the people who say they would violate any of
>their beliefs for a job, whether under duress or otherwise, are the same
>people who were clamoring for a union a few weeks ago.

I didn't join the clamor, but I do support unions. That said, there are
some things I won't do at all -- working for Big Tobacco and crossing a
picket line come to mind -- and others I'll do, but only if the alternative
is sleeping under a bridge while my cats starve. The people who you suggest
would "violate any of their beliefs for a job" are probably talking about
the second category.

It is interesting to see where others draw their own lines. The current dry
spell in my corner of the freelance market is making me look closer at
mine.

Brian Baresch, baresch -at- earthlink -dot- net
Lawrence, Kansas, USA
Editing, writing, proofreading

Nothing can be made idiot proof because God is constantly revising the
latest model of idiot. --John Gilger