Jobs that _I_ can't find on monster.com

Subject: Jobs that _I_ can't find on monster.com
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 06:39:42 -0700

Okay, the ethics discussion (which I thought was fascinating) raised the
recurring question of whether you'd work in the p0rno industry.

Am I missing out on some untapped job opportunities? Where ARE the tech
writing jobs in p0rno?

Although I'm asking this light-heartedly, it does make me wonder. In these
unstable times, I'm attracted to anything for which the demand will remain
constant. During leaner times, when I was driving a truck for a living,
one of the drivers on our crew was studying to be a corrections officer
(prison guard). When I asked him why, he answered, "Job stability. There's
always gonna be bad guys. Somebody's gotta keep them locked up."

He made a good point. Other than the funeral/undertaking industry, I can
think of few other lines of work with such a guaranteed clientele. And it
seems like mankind's interest in naked people has been pretty
consistent...

So again I ask, where are these jobs where I can bring in my MS Style
Guide, a copy of FrameMaker, and immerse myself in this
clothing-challenged profession (presumably to the sound of wah-wah
guitars)?

- Keith Cronin

A person needs only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and
it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.