RE: Network Security Article Clarification

Subject: RE: Network Security Article Clarification
From: "Jane Carnall" <jane -dot- carnall -at- digitalbridges -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 17:21:40 -0000

Um, well, actually... I meant to send "Nice one!" to *Tracy*, not to the
list. When it arrived in my Techwhirling mailbox, I realised I'd hit Reply
All instead of Reply, and wondered whether to send an apology to the list. I
decided that the error did not justify a further increase in bandwidth, and
let it be, hoping everyone would just ignore or instantly delete an e-mail
that was clearly of no importance to anyone except Tracy. *Now* I realise
not apologising immediately was the wrong thing to do. Sorry. Argh. Sorry.

Tracy Boyington wrote:
>Well, I'm sorry you saw my post as a "sarcastic response" and an
"attempt to win argument points." It was not intended - I can assure you
that I didn't even realize I was having an argument. <

Mike wrote:
I think that depends on whether one wants to encourage people to discuss
their mistakes freely with the community. If I received an attempt to win
argument points after a post clarifying my own error, I might think twice
before letting people know about my mistakes in the future, whether I
thought it would help educate others or not. I'm not sure how that makes
the sarcastic response a "nice one."

On 12/06/2001 5:20 AM, Jane Carnall wrote:

>Nice one! <g>

responding to Tracy's very funny post:

Jane Carnall
Apologies for the long additional sig: it is added automatically and outwith
my control.

E-mail is an informal method of communication and may be subject to data corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment for which Digital Bridges Ltd will accept no liability. Therefore, it will normally be inappropriate to rely on information contained on e-mail without obtaining written confirmation.