RE: ADMIN: RE: Network Security Article Clarification

Subject: RE: ADMIN: RE: Network Security Article Clarification
From: "Ehr, Meg" <Meg -dot- Ehr -at- smartworks -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 13:35:43 -0500

What the heck? This (Tracy's post) is a molehill that is quickly becoming a
mountain (general inappropriate attitudes on the list).

Tracy made a joke. Maybe some didn't get it, maybe some didn't like it, but
she has already stated that she intended no offense. Still, I fail to see
how *one* tongue-in-cheek response constitutes "a veritable chorus of
sarcasm and rudeness." Are we all so frazzled that we can no longer
recognize an attempt at humor when we see one? I understood that Tracy was
just poking fun at Andrew because of his repeated posts stating his opinion
of the importance of planning in doc development. For anyone to immediately
attribute rudeness to Tracy's comments, simply because they didn't get the
joke, or didn't think it was funny, is unfair.

And the only one who called Andrew any names was... Andrew, in his original
post -- "Now, all in unison: Andrew is a moron! :-)"

I really don't understand why Tracy's post got so many people so riled up.
Compared to many posts I've seen on the list, it was nothing. I have seen
more snippy, snotty comments from the "professionals" on this list than I
care to remember, and I can't think of many that generated responses this
hostile. Maybe it's because so many of us are already on edge, whether from
the fear -- or reality -- of layoffs, holiday stress, or whatever. I
certainly understand that folks may already be perturbed by the attitudes
they have perceived from others on this list over time, but let's not take
it out on Tracy.